Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, September 22, 2008

Serenity NOW!!!!

My GOODNESS!! Where does the time go?? I say- it's crazy around here!!!

Chris and I have been traveling a bit, which is good times until "somebody" has a meltdown because she can't find her sunglasses... (it's not me.. promise... would I LIE??)

We went to Mt. Ida (Arkansas) with Brian, Heidi, Ella and Grady to celebrate Brian and Heidi's 7th wedding anniversary- it really was beautiful there, we really had a lot of fun together, playing games and complaining about the front desk (they were R-U-D-E!!!)- nothing says bonding like the mutual agreement that someone super sucks.
A pic of the happy family!

Proud uncle Brian and Ashlyn- aren't they ADORABLE???!!

Also joining us were our good friends, preggo Melinda, Gordon and their baby girl, Sienna...
The Brewers!

Needless to say, things got a liiiitttle crazy.


There was a fireman involved (OK, YES, it IS Gordon.. but still)....


a vicious celery eating dog...


and copious amounts of Yahtzee playing.....

"It's called YAHTZEE- You go for yahtzee EVERYTIME!"

By people who cannot count....

"SEE- this is my THIRD roll... I know how to count.. I DO IT EVERYDAY!!!"

In the dark... (Biggie props go out to Hurricane Ike..)

We returned to OKC in one piece, albeit a little later than we had planned.... (detours, you see.)

The Monday we returned, we had Ashlyns 6 month check-up with Dr. Olay- everything looks really good, baby girl is growing like a weed, and took her shots like a champ. She is weighing in at 14lbs., 13 oz. and measuring 26 3/4 inches long.. she is a string bean!!!! As always in our house, there has to be a little drama to lighten up the day.. so here we go.

There are smiles and laughter....

Sometimes a few tears..... (yikes!- she looks MAD!)
And always PEAS... (this looks like some warped 70's portrait)
This past weekend, we took a trip to Dallas to visit some friends of Chris'. We enjoyed chicken fried deer meat ("nothin like some good ole BACKSTRAP!!"), and lots of good friendship- One thing I really can say about my husband, is that he has some of the best friends around- they are the kindest, most fun, entertaining bunches I have ever come in contact with!! A special note to Hamp and KiAnne- you all are the BEST!!! Thanks for being so hospitable- can't wait to welcome your new little one in March!!!
Our Chauffeur, Miss Ashlyn

Ashlyn and I with Sabrina and Miss Emma
On a side note, while we were gone, The Reeder house kept Lucy. Lucy has a tendency to eat things that do NOT belong to her (puffers, jaguar kitty, etc.). Her latest casualty is a caterpillar Ella made. Ella was not at all happy about that.. so she took the matter into her own hands..

...and decided Lucy needed a time out.... "Look out world!!! There's a new Sheriff in TOWN!!!!"

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Too cute...You are such a good story teller. Of course I like the last one!

Lucas said...

AWWWWWWWW! I <3 the chauffer ashlyn pic. it is SSSSSSOOOOOOOOOOOO C-U-T-E!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!