Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, January 5, 2009

I am WHAT?????

So... Thanksgiving day was quite a day- busy, busy, busy. I knew I was tired when I took a bath, and fell asleep in it... I thought.. "hummph- I must REALLY be tired". And I thought.. "I'm gonna take a pregnancy test.. just for poops and giggles".. but of course, I was in a hurry to get things done.. so I forgot about it.. until later that night when everyone was sacked out.. see exhibit "A".

Exhibit "A"

So I decided to take that one, lonely pregnancy test I had hidden in the bathroom cabinet- I really had forgotten about it, and hadn't looked for it since July of last year when I found out I was pregnant with baby girl... and lo and behold.......

A BIG, FAT, GLARING POSITIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


My first reaction was a sweet, "put it in the baby book" response: "OH SH*T". What a surprise THIS was!!!! Most days I wonder how I manage with just ONE.. but now TWO... boy, oh boy, am I in for it... OH.. and by the way, there IS a clear pink cap on the end of that pregnancy test I am holding- c'mon people, do you really think I would hold it that way otherwise????? geah.

But.. I do look for the positives.. baby girl will have someone new to look at all day (I think she gets sick of looking at my mug all the time!!!), and they will be close in age, so I think they will be best good friends... just like Forrest and Jenny.

So, baby Smedstad #2 will be arriving to us at the end of July, so send me all of your happy thoughts and good vibes, people- this is about to get interesting.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Cute pic of Ashlyn and the PREGO stick, but I think you are supposed to hold the end that you didn't pee on! hahahaha

Anonymous said...

Yes. I agree with heidi. lol

J.K.j said...

Ashlyn is soooooo stinkin cute!!!! congrats on baby #2...are you going to find out if it is a boy or a girl?